Facial Recognition is a computer technology being used in a variety of applications that identifies human fades in digital images.
Because of it’s accuracy the Facial Recognition’s main application is in the security field. From security cameras at the Airports, to snapchat and Face Login on iPhone, Facial Recognition is everywhere.
Facial Recognition plugin allows you to display a facial recognition field in your WordPress login forms.
You can even increase your website security by combining the Facial Detection field with
- 4 digit PIN
The Facial Recognition plugins work flow:
- On the login form user’s camera is triggered and starts recording. First time the user visits the login page he is asked to give a permission for your website to use it’s camera.
- The camera takes photos of the user every 15 ms and sends them to the database. You can set in the settings if you want the user’s camera to start automatically when the page is loaded or to wait for the user to manually turn it on by clicking on a button.
- Plugin connects to the database and pulls all images of the existing users. Depending on the number of the images in the databases it can take up to 600 ms to load all user images.
- Plugin checks the images from the database for a match corresponding to the images sent from the camera. When considering the speed of the facial recognition, the biggest impact is quality of the photos taken by the user’s camera.
- When plugin finds a match it gives output to the user saying that the facial recognition was a success. In case that the user’s photo isn’t found in the database, the plugin gives the notice that that user doesn’t exist.